Bleach-RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach-RPG

The official forum of Bleach-RPG.

+3
orosana~
Ichinose
Takahiro
7 posters

Grande Update Suggestions

Takahiro
    Takahiro

Honor : 8

Grande Update Suggestions Empty Grande Update Suggestions

Post  Takahiro Wed May 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Alright- like everyone else that plays the game, I had some really interesting things in mind. Most of it is really easy to implement, but could easily and effectively bring several whole new dynamics to the game we have come to know and love. I have loads of suggestions for the current properties of the game as well as whole new properties I will lay out in explanation. For this, I've decided to list every thing here(click on a list property for quick navigation):

1. Races
    1a. Race Skills

2. Training
    2a. Kidou/Cero and other Abilities

3. Zanpaktou/Resureccion ect.

4. Map Sites

5. Ranks/Squad

6. Earning Money

1. Races

I had the idea of keeping the races we have now and then adding a few other races. Those races include the Quincy, Human/Fullbringers, and the ability to become a rogue shinigami/hollow. I often heard how others would think it really interesting to become a Quincy, especially. I was reminded of rogue shinigami when I thought of Urahara and the other former captains that had gotten cursed masks from Aizen. This would add an entirely new dynamic to the game. I will go on to explain where these people would be located.

1a. Race Skills

I really think the general stats should probably stay as they are now for all of the races. For the shinigami, however, there are probably people who want to be just like Ichigo and receive a mask of sorts. I, personally don't have any suggestions on exactly how to add it, but I do know that I've heard people mention it before. That may be something only rogues can get or something like that. As far as training a Fullbringer goes, I think their fullbrings should be listed as so:
    Fullbring
    Fullbring Transformation
    Fullbring Mastery

I figure that the Fullbring could probably work in a similar manner in which the current system works. For the Quincy, I thought they should have a special ability that is similar to what occurs in the actual manga. That ability is "reiatsu drain." Most avid readers understand that a Quincy's weapon works from surrounding reiatsu. I believe this would be an important aspect of the Quincy. II haven't really though of how their skills should be listed quite yet and that, of course, is all open to suggestions.

2. Training

I have heard tons of complaints about the whole 5 minute system. Personally, I don't mind it but it seems that many others do. I don't really want this game to be a bleach based TNR, so perhaps there is another way to go about training. I do, however, like how this game attempted to make something a bit different than what TNR already has. Training methods are completely open for suggestion.

2a. Kidou/Cero
    I thought of a kind of extra ability that could be used among all of these other things. The usage of kidou and cero would be very interesting. Using kidou and cero could be selected in "battle preferences." To build a kind of a parameter to sustain from overpowering everyone, the user can only pick one of the the three types of kidou: offensive(damaging), restraining/dodging(user takes no damage for one or more turns), draining, whittling(similar to the current "poison" effect), healing, escaping. Of course a Cero is strictly for damaging purposes. However, I would like all the races to have something similar to this. Once again, I would really like suggestions on this matter- especially for the names of the kidou. I wouldn't think that all kidou in the actual show/manga would be necessary for the game- but a solid amount would be a good idea. Perhaps someone could look up the kidou names and give them corresponding effects, damage, ect. Furthermore, I would really need help thinking of the way to apply Cero and similar abilities for the remaining races to keep individuality as well as equality among the races.

3. Zanpaktou/Resureccion ect.

This suggestion is probably one of my favorites. I believe there should be a way in which one could choose their own type of Zanpaktou, Reseureccion, Fullbring and Quincy abilities. One should be able to choose whether they want a physical based ability or Kidou based ability. A Kidou based ability would involve elemental or "magical" type abilities. The physical ability is just as it sounds: based off speed, strength or some other stat that may eventually come up. Furthermore, being able to pick the element or physical type following the selection of the ability type would be an excellent idea. This idea is pretty simple for everyone but the Quincy. Quincy do not use elements, but they do use arrows and they do also have that strange sword thing. Once again, however, abilities for the Quincy are all up for suggestion. Furthermore, there has also been a large complaint among newer and even current members: that is the ability to name your zanpaktou. I suppose this would add to the role-playing feel to the "RPG." In any case, it would probably only be fair for the other races to be able to name their weapons. The only complication would be the ability for a Quincy to name their weapon since their weapons are uniform among the race, for the most part. This is also up for suggestions.

4. Map Sites
    Now, in order to broaden the game a bit, I figured that each race should have their own respective domains(i.e. Hueco Mundo, Soul Society, Karakura Town, a Quincy District, ect.) However, these districts should not be visible to any other race unless they decide to travel to that district via some kind of portal(i.e. Dangai from Soul Society to Earth). I think there should be some kind of special parameter for these portals so that beginners don't accidentally wonder off into dangerous territory. Also, in each respective territory, I think it would be interesting to have several special areas around they're map. For example, a certain square for each of the Gotei 13 headquarters. Of course this would change subjectively based on which domain is being edited.

5. Ranks/Squads
    Now, to make this RPG deeper into the whole role-playing ideal, I thought that each individual squad have their own kinds of special abilities. For example, the Fourth Squad specializes in healing, therefore those who are in the fourth squad should have the choice to train a healing technique to help out fellow shinigami whom have been injured- similar to TNR's hospital. Of course this would change from squad to squad. I'll make a list of a good way to base a solid idea off of later. I also would like something like this to be fair and spread out to other races so that the Shinigami don't have an upper hand on any of the other races. This idea is also open for suggestions. For ranks, I believe a similar stance should be taken. Beyond the ability to implement orders, I believe the leader of a squad or faction should have a special ability that is given according to their respective squad or faction. This should not be an ability that one can train since leaders are swapped out and beaten quite frequently. However, the strength or affect of this ability should be bettered based on the general stats of the leader. Furthermore, Lieutenants should also have special ability- perhaps a similar ability to that of their leader, but only weaker. For the leader, he or she should, similar to TNR, be able to declare war on whatever race they feel is suitable. The ability to ally with another race is also one that should be exclusive to the leader. The leader should also be able to remove a Captain from his or her seat with a democratic agreement between the other Captains; majority rules, in this case. Of course the leader should also have their own special ability as well.

6. Earning Money

As of now, the only way to earn money is through battling. However, we have a fair group of pure trainers who can not earn money for items at all. A way suggested to eliminate this is through some kind of occupation system. I actually have no creative idea for this suggestion, although I do agree with the intention of it. A creative money-making method that does not grant one extra experience would be a most appreciated suggestion.

All of these ideas and suggestions are brought about with the thought of a Grande Update. I hope coders will take this into suggestion. If there is a question on how to code this in (which I doubt there will be based on the experience of Terr), just contact me and I should be able to help. Everything here is open to suggestions and I actually encourage those to find errors and debate on these ideas so that we could have a potentially amazing game. Thank you all foryour cooperation! I will be updating this thread frequently as this is only a rough draft and I have not yet explained everything as thoroughly as I wished to.

Go to top

Last edited by Takahiro on Sat May 26, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Ichinose
    Ichinose

Honor : 36

Grande Update Suggestions Empty Re: Grande Update Suggestions

Post  Ichinose Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Alright i like these ideas a lot now heres my opinion. Like many other suggestions floating around, many of em benfit shinigami(cuz we rule) so i think if we do get these things the hollows would need a huge incentitive to compensate, maybe like a way to get stronger faster. So obviously as you can see its pretty difficult keeping shini and hollows balanced so i think addimg other races should be on hold. then about the cere/kido thing in my honest opinion i think that would only work over smoothly with TNR's battle system so.... Then about the 5 minute training well.... i kinda like it then again i dont. The whole 5 minute thing basically makes the game so every player no matter their level can train equally its just that the one who trains longer or been a member longer wins while TNR is those who are higher levels get better training results so its yall choice on what u like better. Then finally about the location things i Love that idea back when i coded my own bleach game in 2011 it relied on its map alot and it was cool so like having alot of places would be cool, like if you are hurt you can go to squad 4 barracks or karakura hospital and pay to be healed & etc thats just an example. Oh yea and about zanpaktou i would love to have some more detail for the zans like elements lr possibly names
    Takahiro
    Takahiro

Post  Takahiro Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 pm

As far as balancing out the races, I made sure to mention that. Things do not necessarily fall in favor of the shinis. If all the races can do similar things, balance is restored. Of course, we don't want everything to be exactly the same for every race- that would make the game boring. Still the balance is kept for the most part for the ideas listed. However, I could make an easier connection with the shini since I am one XD

Last edited by Takahiro on Thu May 24, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    orosana~
    orosana~
    Shinigami Commander
    Shinigami Commander

Honor : 221

Post  orosana~ Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 pm

First , coder.
    Second, looks nice.
    Third, i hope our we have enough members to fill up all those races you suggested o.O
    Fourth, i like the training system it might need a few more tweeks incase someone wants to go afk like a 30minute training instead
    Fifth, we still need a coder to fix up the place and pretty much reconstruct everything for the zan ability and choosing to be physical or not to work, as well as ability moves too.

Those might seem easy to code but finding a trusted excellent coder is hard.
    Or terr is yet lazy to search for one or do it himself xD

Map sites seems nice, anyone up for creating an original artwork for a map?
    Takahiro
    Takahiro

Post  Takahiro Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 pm

orosana~ wrote:First , coder.
    Second, looks nice.
    Third, i hope our we have enough members to fill up all those races you suggested o.O
    Fourth, i like the training system it might need a few more tweeks incase someone wants to go afk like a 30minute training instead
    Fifth, we still need a coder to fix up the place and pretty much reconstruct everything for the zan ability and choosing to be physical or not to work, as well as ability moves too.

Those might seem easy to code but finding a trusted excellent coder is hard.
    Or terr is yet lazy to search for one or do it himself xD

Map sites seems nice, anyone up for creating an original artwork for a map?

I do code very well. I also go to school for it. I could help out a lot with the coding if I am ever needed and I might be able to get someone to do artwork for the individual maps. My cousin works for a company as a 3D graphics artist and is also an established mangaka. If I can convince him to help out some with that, it would look really nice.
    GeneralNeon
    GeneralNeon

Honor : 2

Post  GeneralNeon Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Perhaps a way to earn yen without having to beat on RF or the opposition. Perhaps a job in Karakura Town, like a convenience store. Have that as an option in training, and instead of choosing to train strength or SS, you pick the job, and five minutes later, you get around 100 yen. You get to pick up some coin to get armor, and not jack your EXP points to the stratosphere in order to afford some nice goodies.
    Takahiro
    Takahiro

Post  Takahiro Wed May 23, 2012 10:37 pm

GeneralNeon wrote:Perhaps a way to earn yen without having to beat on RF or the opposition. Perhaps a job in Karakura Town, like a convenience store. Have that as an option in training, and instead of choosing to train strength or SS, you pick the job, and five minutes later, you get around 100 yen. You get to pick up some coin to get armor, and not jack your EXP points to the stratosphere in order to afford some nice goodies.
    That is a common complaint that I left out. I'll try to think of a creative way to make some cash that everyone can enjoy. Thanks so much for the suggestion.
    Ichinose
    Ichinose

Honor : 36

Post  Ichinose Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Lieutenant of squad 5 Takeru is a pretty good coder he taught me how to code well guided me in learning i should say.

But anyway Taka u said u wanted suggestions on a clan system. So what i was thinking was since we already have squads/divisions the clans should be more like families. Think they should play a minor role like make them just have the ability to have like a clan chat amd be able to share money or something dont want the clans to make having squads obsolete so in my opinion if we do have them they shouldnt do to much.
    orosana~
    orosana~
    Shinigami Commander
    Shinigami Commander

Post  orosana~ Wed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Im sorry to say, but terr wont hire any coder he finds on the site Dx
    Its about trust, he prefers hiring someone at the same country as his.
    Lets say personal contact is better for him to keep an eye out o.o
    Takahiro
    Takahiro

Post  Takahiro Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 pm

orosana~ wrote:Im sorry to say, but terr wont hire any coder he finds on the site Dx
    Its about trust, he prefers hiring someone at the same country as his.
    Lets say personal contact is better for him to keep an eye out o.o

Yea, I heard about that... Hopefully if any coders need some help, they can just ask me without giving me rights on the site.
    AyumuInWonderland
    AyumuInWonderland

Post  AyumuInWonderland Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Your suggestion on FullBringer is nice, but to work on the actual thing is rather difficult. If the idea is approve, it will still need take a lot of time and effort.
    Takahiro
    Takahiro

Post  Takahiro Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 pm

AyumuInWonderland wrote:Your suggestion on FullBringer is nice, but to work on the actual thing is rather difficult. If the idea is approve, it will still need take a lot of time and effort.
    Maybe not as much as you think. I think I might be able to do a lot of this in about two to three weeks on my own XD But thank you so much for your comment. If you have any suggestions or cool ideas, please post them.
    Snow
    Snow
    Admin

Honor : 293

Post  Snow Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 am

His thing with a coder as he told me is he wants someone from Denmark, where he lives. He may bend off that if someone signs a NDA with him but I don't know because he tends to do a month long vanishing act on me between chats.
    Blue ace
    Blue ace

Honor : 48

Post  Blue ace Thu May 24, 2012 9:35 am

Why does he "vanish" O.o
    orosana~
    orosana~
    Shinigami Commander
    Shinigami Commander

Post  orosana~ Thu May 24, 2012 11:30 am

refer EA8 to him ,rofl XD
    Snow
    Snow
    Admin

Honor : 293

Post  Snow Thu May 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Because he's just out of college and he's a busy man I suppose. He's done with TNR with it's updates, and all he has to do with it are bug fixes.

But he's a hard person to get ahold of, he don't answer me on Facebook and the only other line to him is through my private chat with him on the TNR mailer. So it's always hit and miss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:29 am